I have been raving about courgette fritters all over twitter, I’ve recently discovered them and they have only furthered my love of courgettes. I’ve tweaked the recipe a bit to my liking, here it is.
2 teaspoons of salt
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 garlic clove (I use Very Easy garlic sachets because I’m lazy)
1. Grate the courgettes into a bowl.
2. Sprinkle with the salt and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Drain the courgettes by grabbing handfuls and squeezing the moisture out of them. This will take a while. Put the drained courgettes in a clean bowl.
4. Add the coconut flour, cayenne pepper and garlic. Beat the egg and add that too.
5. Heat a frying pan up. To cook the courgettes you can either use some coconut oil to keep this recipe paleo, I just used some Fri Lite though, the 1 calorie cooking spray.
6. Using the 1/4 cup, fill it up with the courgette mixture, tip the cup over on the frying pan, this way you get nice round fritters, just be sure to pat them flat.
7. Cook each side for roughly 4 minutes, until brown on each side.
8. Once cooked transfer to a wire rack, or eat straight away!
You should get about eight fritters from the mix. I like these as a side to chicken or steak and have two fritters. If I am eating the fritters alone I will have three with a bit of greek yoghurt mixed with chives.
Per serving (2 fritters a serving):
81 calories | Carbs: 8g | Fat: 3g | Protein: 5g | 2 Weight Watchers Pro Points